Divorce and Family Solicitors2023-08-21T07:53:43+00:00

Divorce and Family Solicitors

Divorce and Family Solicitors

Our team of experienced Family Law solicitors are available to assist you, and with over 35 years of experience, you can be sure you are in safe hands.

Family Law and Divorce Solicitors

Our specialist family law team provides specialist advice in divorce, separation, child custody and other family law issues. Our team is consistently recommended by clients due to our expert legal advice.

The prospect of divorce can be a frightening experience due to potential financial insecurity and worries over children. Whether you are contemplating a divorce or have received a divorce petition we are here to help.

If you would like a free initial consultation with one of our Family Law team to discuss your options, call us on 0161 672 2267 or complete the form below.

How we can help

Our experienced solicitors are on hand to support you with a range of legal services.

Fixed-Fee Divorce

Ancillary Relief

Child Custody

No-Fault Divorce

Cohabitation Agreements

Prenuptial Agreements

Trust of Land


Please see below for our most frequently asked question. If you have any more questions, please feel free to contact us.

The Family Home Is Owned In My Spouse’s Name2023-05-05T18:25:46+00:00

If you are married or in a civil partnership you will have a financial interest as the family home will be considered a matrimonial asset. You can apply to protect your interest by registering a Notice of Home Rights through your solicitor. For unmarried parties, you can seek to claim a beneficial interest in the property.

Can I Keep My House After The Divorce?2023-05-05T18:20:16+00:00

In all cases, we will ensure that both parties’ and children’s housing needs are met. Depending upon the available assets, it may be possible to enable one party to remain living at the former family home post-separation. Our family law specialists will talk to you about your options to achieve your best outcome.

Can I Get Legal Aid?2023-05-05T18:28:22+00:00

If you are considered a ‘proven victim of domestic abuse’ or your child is at risk of harm, you could qualify for legal aid. In addition, there is a financial test that will apply. Speak to a member of our team if you think that you may be eligible.

Will I Need A Court Order To See My Children?2023-05-05T18:23:10+00:00

If you are not able to agree arrangements for children to see both parents then it may be necessary to apply to the court. There are, however, a number of alternatives; solicitor-led negotiation, mediation, family-based counselling and parenting courses to help separated parents learn to work together. We will guide you through the options and try to reach an agreement without the need for court involvement.

Arrange A Consultation

If you would prefer, you can call us on 0161 672 2267

What people say about us

I would highly recommend Walsh Solicitors. Terry is dealing with family & financial matters for me, I’ve never known such kindness and compassion from a legal professional. You can pay for big law firms but none of them will offer the same quality and availability as Walsh Solicitors.


Go to Top